Top ten ways that you know you are suffering from "job burnout"
10. You're so tired; you now answer the phone, "Hell."
9. Your friends call to ask how you've been, and you immediately scream, "Get off my back!!"
8. Your garbage can IS your "In" box.
7. You wake up to discover that your bed is on fire, but go back to sleep because you just don't care.
6. You have so much on your mind; you've forgotten how to pee.
5. Visions of the upcoming weekend help you make it through Monday.
4. You don't set your alarm anymore because you know the pager will go off before the alarm does.
3. You leave for a party and instinctively bring your ID badge.
2. Your Day Timer exploded a week ago.
1. You think about how relaxing it would be if you were in jail right now
Arsen Vladimirsky - Chicago - IL - USA.
rec.:Mar/1/2000 pub.:Mar/1/2000 sent:Jul/12/2015
3.24 / 110
There was a doctor, a civil engineer, and a computer scientist sitting around late one evening, and they discussed which the oldest profession was. The doctor pointed out that according to Biblical tradition, God created Eve from Adam's rib. This obviously required surgery, so therefore that was the oldest profession in the world. The engineer countered with an earlier passage in the Bible that stated that God created order from the chaos, and that was most certainly the biggest and best civil engineering example ever, and also proved that his profession was the oldest profession. The computer scientist leaned back in her chair, and with a sly smile responded, "Yes, but whom do you think created the chaos?"
Andrew Bush - Weymouth - Dorset - United Kingdom
rec.:Nov/1/2004 pub.:Nov/1/2004 sent:Aug/11/2009
3.33 / 95
Yes, Iím tired. For several years Iíve been blaming it on getting older, lack of sleep, weekend projects, stale office air, poor nutrition, carrying extra pounds, raising a family, recent colds, and a dozen other reasons that make you wonder why life is getting rough. .
But now I found out whatís really happening! Iím tired because Iím overworked. The population of the USA reached 300 million last October. 79 million of the populations are retired. That leaves 221 million to do the work. There are 19 million toddlers and 76 million students in schools, which leave 126 million to do the work. Of that total, 21 million are unemployed leaving 105 million to do the work.
Then you take away 34 million in hospitals and that leaves 71 million to do the work. 43 million are in prisons and thatís 28 million left to do the work. Now take away 14,683,468 federal, 5,344,722 state and 5,370,743 city workers who run our government and youíre left with 2,601,067 to do the work. Take away the 2,601,065 people in the armed forces and that leaves just two people to do the work - You and Me! And youíre just sitting there reading this!
No wonder Iím tired!!!
Rob Tworek - USA.
rec.:Oct/27/2006 pub.:Nov/13/2006 sent:Nov/17/2006
3.29 / 98
A man is being interviewed for a job. ďWhat are your qualifications for the job of night watchman?Ē ďThe slightest noise wakes me up.Ē
Anonymous - USA.
rec.:Dec/4/2009 pub.:Dec/4/2009 sent:Aug/6/2015