The 12-year-old boy stood patiently beside the clock counter while the store clerk waited on all of the adult customers first. Finally he got around to the youngster, who made his purchase and hurried out to the curb, where his father was impatiently waiting in his car.
"What took you so long, son?" he asked.
"The man waited on everybody in the store before me," the boy replied. "But I got even."
"I wound and set all the alarm clocks while I was waiting," the youngster explained happily. "It's going to be fun at eight o'clock."
- Tell the telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer.
- Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.
- Tell the telemarketer, "Okay, I will listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes."
- Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"
- Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up...louder... louder... LOUDER...
- Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.
- If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.