My friend that has come into money is telling me that he is having his family tree researched.
"Yes, and it is quite expensive, it cost $5,000."
"Wow", I replied, "that is expensive!"
"Yes, but it only cost $2,000 to have it looked up. It cost another $3,000 to have it hushed up."
A lonely kayaker wrote to a dating service explaining that he had specific criteria for a potential mate and would not accept anyone that doesn't meet his standard.
He described what his future soulmate should be like: the young lady must be cute, short, enjoys cold water and paddling.
A couple of weeks later he received the following in the mail: a picture of a penguin.
Mary's list for the throughout the ages...
What I Want in a Man, Original List
3. Financially successful
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 32)
1. Nice looking (prefer hair on his head)
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 42)
1. Not too ugly (bald head OK)
2. Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car
3. Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn't belch or scratch in public
3. Doesn't borrow money too often
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 62)
1. Doesn't scare small children
2. Remembers where bathroom is
3. Doesn't require much money for upkeep
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 72)
2. Doesn't miss the toilet.
Wife #1: Hey, Lynn, tell me this. How did you get your husband from staying out late?
Wife #2: Well, every time he would come home I would simply say, 'Mike, is that you?'
Wife #1: But I still don't understand. How did that kept him from staying out?
Wife #2: My husband's name is Andrew...